What's the Law?
Does my state mandate insurance coverage for medically prescribed foods and formulas? Check out Cambrooke Foods website at the link below to see what your state covers.
Updated Article written in Summer 2006 OAA Newsletter by Keiko Ueda, MPH, RD, LDN (OAA Medical Advisor)
Article written in January 2003 OAA Newsletter regarding handling formula coverages:
NORD manages a CARNITOR® Drug Assistance Program:
Sigma-tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
CARNITOR® Drug Assistance Program
(L-Carnitine or levo carnitine)
Primary systemic carnitine deficiency, dialysis, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), several rare metabolic disorders
NORD at 1-800-999-6673 e-mail email@example.com
Access to Care - State Specific Agencies for Resources
- Colorado Access to Care (PDF)
- Conneticut Access to Care (PDF)
- Florida Access to Care (PDF)
- Maryland Access to Care (PDF)
- Mississippi Access to Care (PDF)
- New York Access to Care (PDF)
- Texas Access to Care (PDF)
- West Virginia Access to Care (PDF)